Global companies like Sasol, Cemex, Lowe’s and Volvo trust PCG. Read more about how we helped these companies improve their business processes.
Energy and chemicals manufacturer Sasol (SSL: $200B sales) is expanding their product portfolio in the Americas region. The first step was the construction of a joint venture in Texas. Sasol hired Process Core Group to help develop the business processes for order promising, tolling manufacturing, shipping, packaging, and freight forwarder integration to support a new business model.
Construction materials manufacturer CEMEX (CX: $14B sales) is building a supply chain for the future. A cross-functional team recognized the need to agree on a common supply chain strategy and brought in Process Core Group to help develop a supply chain strategy definition program and structure communication to executive management and regional organizations.
In 2008 Supply Chain Council (SCC) was in dire straits — serious debt, an aging product line and disappointing membership numbers. When the management company filed for bankruptcy in December 2008 the SCC board asked Process Core Group to step in and take control of the situation. Under PCG leadership, new products and services were introduced, SCC was restored to a thought leader in the industry and training margins grew to 70%+. In 2014 SCC merged with APICS.
The Do-it-Yourself Home Building Retailer (LOW: $43B sales) learned how to do-it-themselves with Process Core Group. After their nascent BPM function stagnated quarter after quarter trying to anchor BPM with steering teams and frameworks but no business results, they turned to Process Core Group alone to help them rebuild their organization and operations with a focus on execution and not just standards, to train key staff in BPM off-the-shelf methodology with open frameworks, and to anchor their credibility with very high-value projects across their company.
When Manufacturing Giant AB Volvo (VOLV: $36B sales) – maker of Truck, Aerospace, Bus, Boating, and Construction equipment – wanted to build their own IT BPM function, they turned exclusively to Process Core Group to provide the nuts-and-bolts planning, recruiting, training, mentoring, and process project piloting for North American and European Teams. They also turned to Process Core Group to help them craft research and communication to firm sponsorship in BPM across the company, in Operations teams as well as the IT function.
Other client engagements
- US Air Force. The US Air Force turned to Process Core Group to solve key problems in training their staff to use SCOR® for process improvement. By focusing on practical implementation of BPM rather than the theory, Process Core Group paved the way for success with rollout at Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma.
- DHL. DHL USA chose Process Core Group as the exclusive resource to mentor them in development of their IT BPM program development, helping them to identify organizational objectives & goals, develop senior sponsorship, and incorporate off-the shelf methodology into their team’s operations.
- Brainstorm. Brainstorm (BPM Institute) has sole-sourced their process team development curriculum from Process Core Group, with phenomenal growth in demand (10x) of the training.
- StubHub. StubHub! turned to Process Core Group to help them develop their BPM capability as they manage extraordinary growth from $50M to a $500M annual sales in the event ticket marketplace, with all the associated headaches and core process competencies being more stridently demanded.
- Yutong. Chinese bus manufacturer Yutong brought Process Core Group in to restart a stalled program to address their problems with time-to-market for their city busses. Guiding them to focus on the product and portfolio management objectives & goals helped them to understand the need to move from engineer-to-order to configure-to-order, implemented through product standardization.